Alcohol Rehab & Addiction Treatment
Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Throughout England and Wales
Help 4 Addiction was set up to provide access to alcohol rehab centers in and around the southern UK. Alcohol rehab is available to everyone who qualifies for NHS treatment, regardless of how severe the addiction is. An alcohol rehabilitation program will help you conquer your substance abuse problem, getting you back on your feet and giving you a brighter future. Are you up to the challenge?
We understand that the initial diagnosis of alcohol addiction is difficult to face since alcohol consumption is well accepted as a part of our social lives. Alcohol is available to anyone of age, through most stores in any given high street in England. With such wide social acceptance, it can be difficult to keep in mind that alcohol is a drug, alcoholism is a disease, and that consumption can go above and beyond social if we don’t stay on our toes.
Addiction can be devastating to one’s life, so drug/alcohol rehab centres are an essential part of getting back to your old self again. There’s a misunderstanding about alcoholism so that many people assume it’s something that willpower alone can overcome. Unfortunately, the reality is that alcoholism is a condition that affects the entire body including the brain, meaning it’s not something that can be dealt with by just going cold turkey.
Fortunately, alcoholism can be treated if the correct steps are taken. Some find a program that helps, others find a specific doctor that convinces them to search for alcohol rehab centres near you – but whatever way you do it, stopping drinking is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do.
If you have already decided you want to quit drinking and you want to find alcohol rehab in London, in Devon, in Derby or in Brighton, we have the means to help you. Contact the Help 4 Addiction team right now to find your place in rehab for substance abuse. Together, we can get you to stop drinking (either at home or in a centre) and give you the best possible shot at enjoying the rest of your life.
Reach us on 0203 955 7700 to start now. You can use our online consultation form if that suits you better. Help 4 Addiction are here, ready, and waiting. All we need is you!
What is Alcohol Rehab Treatment?
What Happens During Alcohol Rehab Programs?
Alcohol rehab is designed to help identify the root of the addiction while also helping to detox your body and cleanse your system of alcohol. When your body is relying on alcohol, your nervous system changes and your brain works overtime in order to keep your body functioning correctly. Going cold turkey and stopping your alcohol intake suddenly will introduce withdrawal symptoms because your body is still operating as if it is still processing alcohol. Light alcohol withdrawal symptoms can pass and are over in days. If you have been a heavy drinker for many years, though, it will take more than just detox and some medicine to subdue the withdrawal symptoms.
Alcohol rehab treatment clinics help you overcome those withdrawal symptoms while also helping you locate (and treat) the source of your alcohol addiction. The goal is to ultimately find the reasons why you have built an addiction to alcohol, and trained practitioners will perform assessments and tests in order to identify the issues that led you to develop a substance abuse problem in the first place.
We have strong relationships with several alcohol rehab clinics that are dedicated to helping their patients overcome their addictions completely. Many people incorrectly assume that rehabilitation is just to solve your withdrawal symptoms, but the reality is that coping with and overcoming withdrawal symptoms is just the beginning of a long journey to help beat your addiction to alcohol.
Alcohol addiction goes deep and there are certain mental and physical factors that trigger addictions to form. While you may no longer be dependent on alcohol after a detox program, you may find it incredibly easy to sink back into alcohol addiction. This is often caused by external factors like your environment, your relationships and your lifestyle. A rehabilitation program aims to deal with your addiction with a holistic approach to ensure that the addiction is dealt with swiftly and never returns.
The alcohol rehab centre that you choose will be able to take you through the full process. You will detox first, getting the toxins and chemicals out of your system entirely. Next, you will be involved in daily group therapy sessions, which you can eventually move to weekly, then monthly, as your cravings subside. You will be given in-depth psychological help for your substance abuse/alcohol addiction problem in the UK are and will be able to get to the root cause behind your addiction to drinking. When the course is complete, your rehab clinic for alcoholism in England or Wales will also give you an aftercare package, which usually involves telephone support or ongoing sessions.
There is nothing to fear from a rehab clinic. They are designed to help you quit drinking once and for all, and to make that cessation as quick and painless as possible. Don’t forget to call us when you think you have a problem with alcoholism, so we can get you into the right rehab program for you, ASAP. Call us on 0203 955 7700 when you decide it is time to take the next step.
The Help 4 Addiction Difference
When you choose Help 4 Addiction, we will ask you a series of questions that are designed to get the bottom of your addiction to alcohol. When we have a good understanding of what you need from an alcohol rehab centre near you, we can then match your needs with exactly what you require in order to conquer alcohol addiction. While most services like ours will match you with the rehab centre for alcohol that is nearest to you, we go out of way to match the alcohol rehab centre with your particular and specific set of needs.
For example, if you have an intense love of art, you both find that an alcohol rehab centre which focuses on art therapy, is much more helpful to you than a centre which uses sports as an outlet instead. When you choose services you give yourself the best chance of recovering from your addiction to alcohol the first time round. The wrong rehab can increase your recovery time, so don’t risk it. Opt for Help 4 Addiction from the outset and see how soon you could be out of alcohol rehab in the UK and back to a normal life! Call 0203 955 7700 for more.
How Do I Know If I Need to check into an Alcohol Rehab Clinic?
The most difficult step to take is the first: admitting that you need help to stop drinking. In order to determine if you need to undergo rehabilitation treatment, it’s important to determine how serious your condition has progressed. Here are a couple of signs that should make you seriously consider a rehab program. If you meet any of them, call us to talk about either inpatient alcohol rehab or online therapy, right now.
Signs you should consider rehab for alcoholism include:
- You have health problems caused by your alcohol addiction – If you’ve recently been for a medical check-up and your doctor has told you about health problems caused by excessive alcohol consumption, then it’s a sign that the alcohol is becoming harmful to your body and you may be susceptible to withdrawal symptoms.
- Your friends and family have pointed out your alcohol problem – Friends and family members often give us second opinions that might not be what we want to hear, but it’s vital that you listen to them if they are concerned for your wellbeing. If they are pointing out your excess alcohol consumption then it’s with good reason and you should be concerned.
- You have driven a car while under the influence – The further your alcoholism progresses, the less likely you will heed warnings such as not driving while under the influence of alcohol. If you find yourself taking more and more risks, you should immediately seek help because you could end up seriously injured if you continue.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms when you cut your alcohol intake – The first sign of alcohol withdrawal symptoms should come when you stop alcohol consumption for a few hours. If you stop drinking and feel like your body is strange or that something is missing, then you’ll likely need to undergo alcohol rehab treatment.
- You have wild mood swings that have led to you or someone else getting hurt – Alcohol withdrawal can cause rapid swings in your mental state and this could result in you harming yourself or those around you. No matter how upset, embarrassed or angry you might feel, it’s vital that you seek assistance if it has come this far.
- You have tried to quit in the past but always relapsed – Wanting to quit is the first step to take when dealing with an alcohol addiction because it means you are at least admitting to the problem. Unfortunately, it’s usually not enough to try once or twice without professional help and that’s where an alcohol rehab treatment centre can help.
- You’re lost and not sure how to seek advice or help – It may feel hopeless that you can’t seem to overcome your alcoholism, but it’s vital that you start by seeking advice. You’re always welcome to get on the phone and speak to one of our friendly representatives that will not be judgemental and you can remain anonymous for the entire call if it makes you more comfortable.
While some of these reasons may be upsetting to read, it’s vital that you understand just how important it is to identify your alcoholism problem so that you can tackle it properly. It’s also worth mentioning that not all of these signs need to be exhibited in order for you to be considered addicted to alcohol. If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to speak to someone as soon as possible so that you do not worsen the condition, harm your relationships or even hurt yourself.
Is Alcohol Rehab Treatment Necessary to Recover From Alcoholism?
While recovering from alcoholism isn’t entirely impossible without medical intervention or the help of a rehab centre, it is necessary if you want to experience a speedy recovery. Medical professionals will be able to perform tests on your body to see how reliant your body is on alcohol and they will offer medication and treatments to help you cope with the withdrawal symptoms. We definitely recommend that you consider rehab as a viable option to help you break your addiction.
What Are the Advantages of Alcohol Rehab Treatment?
Many people consider alcohol rehab treatment centers to be a waste of time because they believe they are capable of breaking free from alcoholism on their own. While it’s not unheard of to stop drinking alcohol without external help, it’s incredibly taxing on the body and there are many advantages that a rehab centre can offer. These include:
- Comfortable environment to break your addiction – If your addiction is triggered by an uncomfortable or negative atmosphere at home, then it’s beneficial to visit an alcohol rehab treatment centre because it offers a safe and comfortable environment for you to deal with your alcoholism in peace.
- Learn about alcoholism and why it affects you – Alcoholism is a greatly misunderstood condition and your preconceived notions may be affecting your feelings of self-worth or even your mental state. By learning about alcoholism, you’ll achieve small personal victories that will help you stop drinking for good.
- Medical assistance and detoxification advice – Whether it’s your withdrawal symptoms causing grief or deeper issues that are dragging you down, a rehab centre can help you solve those problems by offering medical assistance, around the clock.
- A holistic approach to dealing with alcoholism – Rehab centres all follow a holistic approach to dealing with alcoholism. This means that every aspect of your life is taken into consideration and it’s not just about helping you stay off the alcohol. It’s about improving your quality of life and looking after your wellbeing.
- Support from your peers as well as medical professionals – Not only do rehab clinics provide you with medical assistance, but you’d be surprised at just how helpful it can be to speak to people who are in the same situation as you. You can share experiences, support each other and make new friends that will have been through the same ordeal as you.
- Learn strategies to cope with (and prevent) a relapse – One of the most important considerations when trying to deal with your alcoholism is to prevent relapses in the future.
- Receive aftercare when you leave the rehab centre – Even after you’ve completed your treatment, you will receive aftercare to ensure that you don’t enter a relapse and that you have all the support you need.
- Help can often be extended to families as well – While the one suffering from alcoholism experiences many negative effects, families and friends are also affected and may be traumatized or frustrated as a result of your alcoholism. Rehab centres will extend their services to friends and family to ensure that you can fit back into your normal life with zero complications.
All of these advantages are incredibly important when it comes to dealing with alcoholism in a swift and efficient manner. All of the extra assistance is vital and there’s no shame in sharing your problems with your peers at the clinic. If you’d like to learn more, don’t hesitate to contact us and we can direct you to local clinics that will be able to lend a helping hand. Call 0203 955 7700 now to find the best rehab clinic to treat alcohol problems in your area, that best matches your needs.
What Should I Expect During Alcohol Rehab Treatment?
Not many people have been inside rehab centres which gives them an air of mystery that can be quite intimidating. Many people would incorrectly compare them to prisons or psychiatric hospitals, but the reality is that they’re very welcoming buildings with perks that may be unexpected.
For example, alcohol rehab centres do not have locks on any of the doors. You are actually free to walk out at any time and you will not be penalized for doing so. The reason there are no locks is that you are expected to be willing to improve your conditions, so if you go to rehab with no intention of healing yourself then you are simply wasting your time.
You will often start with detoxification which will deal with the withdrawal symptoms. Medical professionals will start by examining your situation to gauge how severe your withdrawal symptoms will be before prescribing you medicine to help keep the symptoms at bay.
Next, you’ll typically go through a variety of different counselling or group therapy sessions depending on your personal preferences. Many rehab centres will help you keep the alcohol clear from your system but they also offer a variety of personalised treatments to help you learn why you resorted to alcohol and understand the factors that caused you to drink heavy amounts. You may also be offered family meetings where you can invite friends and loved ones to help you identify your struggles and encourage you to recover.
Once your treatment is finished or you feel comfortable enough to return to your regular lifestyle, you will be offered an after-care program that could last a month or longer. This is to ensure that you’re always getting the right care even after you leave the clinic.
We Can I Get More Advice Or Information About Alcohol Rehab Clinics?
If you or somebody you know is suffering from alcoholism it’s vital that you seek professional advice. You can always contact us at all to all 0203 955 7700 if you need advice or want to learn more about alcohol rehab treatment clinics.