Traditional Rehab is Not For EveryoneNot everyone can handle the thought of traditional rehab clinics. Some of us suffer injury phobias, hospital phobias, or problems with in person therapy sessions. Doing things digitally allows us to circumnavigate traditional rehab in a way that works better for the introvert. For example, you may find it far easier to confess your sins to a psychiatrist over the internet than you would in a face-to-face environment. Some of the problems associated with traditional rehab are as follows:
- Traditional rehab clinic attendance takes you out of work and away from life responsibilities.
- If you are the sole carer of your children, it simply isn’t an option.
- Traditional rehab can restrict you in terms of social interactions.
- It may keep you apart from your loved ones for the duration of your recovery.
- Traditional rehab clinics carry greater costs than those you can attend from home.
What is Online Rehab?Online rehab doesn’t suit everyone either. For example, if you are a heavy drinker and have been for decades, you won’t be able to go through detox at home. You will need to come into a medical facility for this part of treatment. Even so, you could opt for a medical detox and at-home rehab stay. At home rehab includes a series of group and one-on-one rehab clinic sessions. It includes online resources such as forums and support groups. It can include medications if you speak to your doctor, but mostly it focuses on group and solo therapy sessions. The staff administer these throughout the week, so you can attend online without commuting. This saves the cost of staying inside a facility and the costs of paying full-time centre staff. Instead, you pay only for the therapy sessions you use.
The Benefits of Online RehabGiven that you experience a fuller, more complete set of treatment options during a traditional rehab stay, what is the point in doing things online? Here are the benefits of switching traditional rehab clinics for online rehab, instead:
- It costs less – those on a tight budget will be happy to hear that online rehab costs far less than a traditional stay. A week in rehab costs upwards of £3,000 per week for a budget facility. Online rehab courses last 4 weeks and amount to under this price.
- You stay at home – not removing yourself from your environment means you skip the dangerous transition period. Transitioning into and out of rehab are problem areas that can see you give in to your cravings.
- You get the same level of phycological care – those who attend rehab clinics and those that do online rehab both get the same psychological care.
- It’s safer – avoid crowds, don’t spread Covid, and never have to leave your home.
- It negates the commute – nobody likes to commute.