Drug & Alcohol Rehab Bristol
If you’re seeking drug and alcohol addiction advice in Bristol then you’ve come to the right place. Help4Addiction is a free service that provides impartial advice on drug and alcohol addictions, such as helping you locate your nearest private rehabilitation clinic or helping you diagnose a possible addiction symptoms in your family. Regardless if it’s you, your family or your friends that need help, you can phone us anonymously and we’ll happily lend you a hand.
Why seek help for dealing with an addiction?
It’s common to see people try and deal with their addictions on their own terms, but the reality is that it’s incredibly difficult to overcome addiction without the right support and medical advice. One of the biggest hurdles that people face is withdrawal symptoms. When you rely on drugs or alcohol for a long period of time, your body starts to develop a dependency on it. This means that certain chemical functions in your body take into account the drug and alcohol content inside of you. For instance, if you drink on a regular basis every day then your body needs to work overtime just to keep you awake, resulting in a far less energetic body and a very sluggish mind.
As such, it’s vital that you seek out a rehab centre in Bristol if you’re serious about dealing with your addiction and saying goodbye to it forever.
What are the common signs of addiction?
The signs of alcohol and drug addiction can easily be passed off or ignored without much thought. Sadly, there are many signs that point to these conditions so we’ve decided to list some of the biggest ones to give you an idea of what you should be looking out for:
- Your thoughts are always sluggish and you can’t seem to focus on single tasks
- You suddenly lose interest in activities such as sports or hobbies that you used to love
- Your career has suffered due to your drug or alcohol use
- You’re experiencing financial trouble because of excessive drug or alcohol use
- You grow a tolerance to drugs and alcohol, meaning you have to take more each day
- You find that you’re hiding your drinking or drug issues from friends and family members
- You feel irritated throughout the day and find it hard to communicate with others
- Whenever you’re offered drugs or alcohol you can never refuse
- You’re facing frequent mood changes or you might even feel depressed more regularly
- You’ve noticed sudden weight loss or gains
If you experience these issues then it’s worth contacting us at Help4Addiction so we can offer you some advice based on your personal circumstances. Many of these signs could be related to other problems, but there’s a very solid chance that if you notice several of these occurring in your life or a friend’s, then it’s a cause for concern that should be addressed.
How do addictions start?
Many people misunderstand addictions. They assume that those who suffer from addictions can simply just say no and be rid of their issues, but the reality is that addictions can be caused by a number of different social and psychological reasons.
Drug addictions can often be caused by social and environmental triggers. For example, a young adult may be influenced by their parents to take drugs due to watching their parents do it for most of their lives, or being coaxed into it by their peers. Similarly, alcohol addictions can occur because it’s often portrayed as an antidepressant in films that supposedly helps to wipe problems away. This could cause people to drink or take drugs whenever they feel stressed, giving them a high that their mind relates to a positive feeling because it’s getting rid of their stress.
This ultimately creates a dependency which leads to addiction. In other words, it’s quite literally rewiring the brain to accommodate these toxic substances, and this is what makes drug and alcohol addictions so difficult to overcome.
What can rehab centres offer?
A rehab centre is designed to help people overcome their addictions with several processes. For starters, rehabilitation clinics in Bristol start with detoxification. This means cleansing your body of any harmful chemicals that are left over by excessive drug use or alcohol intake. This can be a rather complicated and stressful period because you’ll go through nasty withdrawal symptoms that could be debilitating. Luckily, clinics in Bristol are staffed with many medical professionals that will help you control your withdrawal symptoms with medication and give you advice on how to treat your body well so that it supports your fight against your addictions.
In addition, rehab centres offer the feeling of a positive community to help you deal with your addictions. Unless you choose to have a private rehabilitation service, you’ll meet other people who are in your situation or have managed to break out of their addictions. It can be incredibly helpful to discuss your addictions with others who are in similar positions because it allows you to voice your concerns. Speaking out loud about your addiction can also reveal clues into why you’re addicted and how you can stop your addictions.
Communication is one of the most effective ways to help you overcome a drug and alcohol addiction because you get to openly speak about your condition and what influences you to continue those addictions. Many people fail to realize that simply detoxifying your body isn’t enough to truly overcome your addictions, hence why visiting a rehab centre in Bristol and speaking to professionals and other addicts can enlighten you and help you in the long run.
What to expect from a rehab centre
The general public will often mistake a rehab centre for something more serious (and completely unrelated) such as a mental institute. They imagine that you’re locked in a building and forced to submit until you get rid of your addictions, but the reality is the complete opposite. Rehab clinics in Bristol are much like any other addiction centre in the United Kingdom:
- The focus is on creating a comfortable environment for you to deal with your addiction. Being able to relax and focus on positive thoughts can help you mask the negative feelings in your life that could lead you to use drugs or drinking alcohol again.
- Rehab centres in Bristol are designed to feel homely. This ensures that everyone who stays feels right at home and are able to be independent. You can go about your daily life, you can cook your own food and you can even go outside or even leave if you want to. A common misconception is that you’re locked in the rehab centre and can never leave, but the reality is that you’re free to leave if you want. This is because if you’re not willing to stay the course of your own free will then you’re wasting both your time and that of the clinic.
- With so many medical professionals available you never have to worry about your withdrawal symptoms. This is because you’ll have access to medication that isn’t available off the shelf which can help soothe your withdrawal symptoms.
- You’ll also have an entire community available to help you. Whether it’s questions that you want to ask an ex-addict or sharing stories with others in Bristol that are having trouble coping with the realisation that they’re addicted to something, it can help create a positive atmosphere that encourages everyone involved to push themselves to reach their goals and overcome their addictions.
- Once you leave the rehab centre with your addictions in the past, you’ll receive aftercare that can help in the event that you relapse into your alcohol or drug addiction.
A rehabilitation centre in Bristol will usually start with a drug or alcohol detox to help cleanse your system. After that, you’ll be given advice and therapy to help you reach the bottom of why’ve developed addiction in the first place so that you know how to overcome it. Whether it’s digging deep into your past with your therapist or opening up to them about your work-related stress, having a professional listen to your concerns can help you find the root cause of your drug or alcohol addiction so that you can deal with it properly.
Contact us for more advice on rehabilitation centres in Bristol
Rehab can seem like a daunting experience but the reality is that it can help you form long-term relationships with medical professionals and other recovering addicts alike. This community will help push your motivation to beat your addictions together and you’ll create lifelong friends that will always be there to support you.
If you’re unsure where your nearest rehabilitation clinic is or if you’d like to search for a specific clinic in Bristol, then don’t hesitate to phone us for free. We offer impartial advice and you’re welcome to contact us anonymously. Rehab centres can offer you the peace and positivity that you need to finally overcome your addictions for good.
For free independent and confidential advice on choosing the best solution for your alcohol addiction call us today on 0203 955 7700.