Specialist Rehab Selection Help for Drug Addiction in the UKThere is help out there for those suffering a drug addiction. If you want to stop taking drugs, call us now on 0203 955 7700. Help4Addiction are a skilled rehab selection service in England who can help you find a detox and rehab clinic. We match you with a clinic based on the answers you give to our questions, which are tailored towards finding exactly the best rehab to match your personality. Quitting is possible with H4A.
What is a Drug Addiction?What is a drug addiction and how can you tell if you have one? Drug addictions rely on your substance use to take root in your system. You may be offered a party drug such as cocaine one Saturday night with your friends. If you choose to take it, the next time you are offered cocaine, you won’t think so hard before you use it. A few Saturdays may go past before you decide you could use it on a Friday night, as well. You find your own supplier and you start buying as much as you like. When a few weeks of this passes, you will start to buy more and more cocaine because you want to achieve the same high that you got that first time. You build a tolerance to the drug, so you need more and more of it to feel normal at the weekends. The use might spread to weekdays subtly. You will start to crave it. There will come a weekend when you cannot go without the cocaine, or when you cannot say no to it any longer. You seek more and more of it and the cycle repeats. You will spend all of your money on drugs, have no disposable income, and damage your health. The health damage depends on which drug you are addicted to.
Types of Addictive DrugsThere are several types of addictive drugs out there that can do this to you, it’s not just cocaine. Here at Help4Addiction, we routinely speak with clients seeking rehab for different varieties of substance misuse. Common types of drug addiction in the UK include:
- Cocaine can affect your heart and deteriorates the nasal passages.
- The tobacco in cannabis can affect lung health and give you respiratory diseases such as COPD.
- Heroin is the most addictive drug, alongside prescription opioids. These drugs are statistically the most likely to kill you.
- Amphetamine addiction can affect your heart and CNS.
- Crack addiction is similar to cocaine addiction but with the added pressure of either smoking or intravenous use.
- Crystal Meth creates sores on the skin and leads to infection.
- GHB addiction leaves you suggestible and vulnerable to other’s intentions.
- Ketamine addiction causes panic attacks and depression.
- Steroid addiction can make you unable to perform sexually.
- Prescription drugs can cause a range of issues that can kill, depending on the drug.
- Mephedrone causes damage to your CNS and heart.