I am a fully qualified Person Centred/Humanistic Counsellor and a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapist.
I have been practising in the therapeutic sector for over 5 years and established in private practice for 2 years. My practice is situated in a private rural location, offering a confidential and comfortable space for Counselling and I offer a fee structure for all financial situations, enabling access to private therapy to all walks of life.
I have particular interest and specialism in human relationships and attachment theory. These relationships could be historical, parental, social and romantic, all of which I believe affect the people we are and have become throughout our lives. Through my experience of working with addictions have found this specialism to have a significant impact in helping recovery.
- ABC Counselling Concepts level 2 – 2011
- ABC Further Counselling Skills and Theory level 3 – 2012
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling level 4/5 – 2012 to 2015
- Suicide ‘talk down’ Samaritans – Kenward Trust Sep 2012
- The Wounded Self – Narcissistic personalities – Jan 2014
- The Wounded Self – OCD – Oct 2014
- NLP Skills and Techniques May 2014
- Self-disclosure & Working with Difference – May 2015
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation – July 2016
- The Wounded Self – The Hated Child – Feb 2017
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples – March to November 2017
- Private Practice established in March 2016
- Counsellor at Crossline Counselling Centre Maidstone – since 2013 to 2018
- Art Therapist – Kenward Trust – 2011-12
What I treat in Counselling:
- Addiction – drug, alcohol, gambling, sex
- Depression and anxiety
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship issues
- Abuse (emotional, physical and sexual)
- Childhood related issues
- Work-related issues/stress
- Anger management
- Attachment issues
- Standard 1 hour counselling fee – £35.00 one to one – £60.00 Couples
- Reduced counselling rates available upon request and negotiation with financial income evidence required at the time of consultation.