Drug & Alcohol Rehab Bournemouth
Are you currently dealing with a drug or alcohol addiction or know someone in Bournemouth that could use some advice to help them break out of the cycle? If you are, then it’s important to speak up about it and seek advice to help you or your loved ones overcome the danger of addiction. Trying to break one on your own can be incredibly challenging and there are many situations where you could find yourself relapsing into either a drug or alcohol related addiction.
However, with the right support network, it’s possible to completely detox yourself in one of the many rehab centres in the country, and Help4Addiction is here to guide you to a life of sobriety.
How do you know if you’ve developed an addiction?
Most people either ignore the symptoms of addiction or they don’t understand them, leading to many potential issues that could grow worse with each passing day. Here are some common signs of drug or alcohol addiction that you should look out for:
- Are you in financial trouble due to alcohol or drug use?
- Do you feel uneasy or incomplete if you don’t drink or use drugs?
- Do you always seek more drugs and alcohol?
- To get easily get agitated or irritated because of drugs or alcohol?
- Are you experience sleep issues or sudden weight changes?
If you’ve noticed any of these symptoms, then it’s vital that you seek help immediately so that you can start breaking yourself free from the addiction before it gets worse. Don’t hesitate to give us a call straight away if you feel like you or a loved one needs help with their addictions.
What causes addiction in the first place?
People often have an idea of what a drug or alcohol addiction implies, but they rarely know how they start in the first place. This can lead to common misconceptions and a negative stigma against those that have addictions and are unable to control them.
This is because alcohol and drug addictions are caused by a combination of psychological and social reasons and are often issues that cannot be directly controlled easily. For example, someone that is stressed may turn to alcohol for relief because they don’t have anyone to turn to when they’re frustrated at their occupation or life situation. Drug and alcohol addictions can also be caused by exposure at an early age and linked to mental health problems such as depression which began when someone was young. This often turns into a dependency on drugs or alcohol and it feels normal to the user because they’re just so accustomed to it.
Addictions are also difficult to break because our brains create a dependency on it in order for our bodies to function normally. For example, drinking too much alcohol could cause your body to work overtime just to keep you awake, making your entire body extremely tired unless your body receives a bit of alcohol.
Where can you get help for an addiction?
With this in mind, it becomes easy to see that stopping an addiction isn’t something that you can switch on and off like a switch. It takes a lot of care, it requires detoxification of the body and it also requires support from those around you.
One of the most common places to receive help for an addiction in Bournemouth is at a rehab centre. There are many rehab centres in the country that specialise in both alcohol and drug rehab and create positive communities to help those with addictions slowly break away from their past habits.
What is rehab and its purpose?
Rehabilitation, or rehab for short, is the process of introducing someone into a positive community that can help them break away from their addictions. There are many rehab centres in Bournemouth that are both private and residential, and many of these centres offer far more than just addiction advice and support groups. Some are fully-equipped with living areas and bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, kitchens and catering services so that you feel welcome and at home. In addition, there are plenty of therapy techniques being used in rehab centres to help you slowly overcome an addiction.
Rehab centres in Bournemouth are staffed with knowledgeable doctors and nurses to help you manage your addictions. They’re there to offer you advice and help you with any treatments and therapies that you wish to take in order to overcome your addiction. The positive community created by a rehab centre can also help you deal with potential relapses and you’ll be able to connect with other patients that you can speak to about similar problems.
To conclude, rehab is all about connecting you with a support network in Bournemouth that can help you overcome an alcohol or drug addiction. Through therapies, detoxification and creating a positive environment for you to stay off addictive substances, it can drastically improve your chances of beating an addiction.
What can you expect from a rehab centre in Bournemouth?
People often speak about rehab and treat it almost like a place where they lock people up until they give up on their addictions. However, that’s absolutely not the case and one of the surprising things that people don’t realise is that you’re free to walk out of a rehab centre whenever you want. This is because rehab centres believe that you should be willing to make a change yourself without being forced to, otherwise it defeats the purpose of going to rehab. No matter how long your rehab takes, the staff at rehab centres in Bournemouth will be more than willing to lend you a helping hand when you most need it.
Some of the most common services in rehab centres across Bournemouth include a detoxification program and rehabilitation for both drugs and alcohol. You’re also likely to be put with others in a similar position so you always have people to relate to, but there are also at-home options and private offerings depending on which rehab centre you choose to go with.
- What’s involved in detoxification? – Detoxification is the process of analysing and stopping someone from being over-dependent on drugs or alcohol. This may involve medical detoxification to introduce chemicals in the body that help with the withdrawal symptoms that you can expect if you suddenly stop using drugs or drinking alcohol. The goal of detox is to cleanse the body of its reliance on alcohol or drugs, removing any of the physical dependencies it has created. It’s often a long and difficult process, but it’s a vital step in helping you overcome your addictions.
- What does drug rehab involve? – Drug rehab often involves a number of different therapies and treatments that ultimately help you slow down your use of drugs until you are completely cut off from your dependency. Withdrawal symptoms during the detoxification process can be incredibly taxing which is why it’s vital that you seek out a rehab centre in Bournemouth if you want to beat your addictions the right way. In some cases, you’ll switch from the drug you’re dependent on to a substitute that isn’t damaging to the body and can help you slowly remove it from your lifestyle. Once your drug addiction is under control, you can then start looking for solutions to help you overcome the bad influences in your life that made you turn to drugs in the first place.
- What does alcohol rehab involve? – Alcohol rehab, much like drug rehab, usually starts with detox. Once your body is cleansed of the alcohol and your withdrawal symptoms have calmed down, the rehab centre will then offer you advice by speaking with you about your life and trying to find the cause of your addiction.
If you’re unsure which type of rehab centre service you should go with or where to start looking for a rehab centre in Bournemouth, then feel free to contact us for free impartial advice so that we can get you started on the right path.
Getting the right help to break your addictions
Rehabilitation can help you create long-lasting relationships that can help you overcome your addictions for good. Not only does the detoxification process help cleanse your body, but the advice you’ll receive and support you get from your peers should not be underestimated. Breaking an addiction isn’t a simple task that can be done by yourself, which is why it’s vital to seek advice and look for help when possible–and that’s what we’re here for.
So if you’re still in need of help with addictions, don’t hesitate to contact us for free impartial advice to help you make an informed decision on how to progress. Choosing the right rehab centre or services in Bournemouth is the key to helping you overcome your addictions. Rehab centres are all over the country and can offer you the sanctuary that you need in order to escape life-related problems that are causing you to abuse drugs and alcohol to a point that you’ve become addicted.